This ad is expired.
Tissue Culture Lab Manager
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Tissue Culture Lab Manager
The University of San Francisco (USF) College of Arts & Sciences has recently established a new interdisciplinary undergraduate course with a focus on biotechnology and applied science. This lecture and lab course has been constructed by a team composed of industry experts in cell-based life science research and existing USF faculty. The goals of the course are to expose undergraduate upper-level science students to this exciting field via unprecedented technology access, hands-on skillset development and an awareness of the life science career path options available after graduation. Students who finish the course successfully will be able to conduct follow-on research projects at USF in collaboration with industry and academic partners.
USF is seeking a motivated candidate to join the team executing this novel course as a full-time laboratory manager in charge of setup, daily operation, and oversight of the tissue culture (TC) learning and research laboratory. Candidates should love to learn as much as they love to teach.
Full Job Description:
In collaboration with the key faculty members in this program, the ideal candidate will:
- participate in planning and execution of the laboratory sessions
- supervise teaching of mammalian cell culture, cell-based assay techniques, data analysis and reporting to upper level undergraduate science majors
- assist with follow-on student research projects in collaboration with industry and academic partners
- act as the facility gateway manager for the TC learning laboratory including managing access, inventory and expenses
- A minimum BS/MS or equivalent degree in biological sciences with at least 2 years working full time in a laboratory setting either in an academia or industry.
- Demonstrated abilities in mammalian cell culture, live cell assays and methods including transfection, cryopreservation and biosafety procedures.
- Technical proficiency in operation and user training of standard cell biology laboratory equipment including microscopes, plate readers, flow cytometers, liquid handlers and centrifuges.
- Excellent organizational, technical, and trouble-shooting skills with attention to detail.
- Capacity of working independently as well as collaboratively as part of the project team
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex concepts in a concise, straightforward manner.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Tissue-Culture-Lab-Manager_R0002554.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency