This ad is expired.
Job Opening ID: 177750
Work Location: Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Um Hospital
Department: UMH Environmental Svcs-MN
Posting Begin/End Date: 9/09/2019 9/14/2019
Salary: $34,777.60 $35,921.60
Paid Time Off: Yes
Career Interest: Service / Maintenance (AFSCME Union)
How to Apply
A resume is required to be considered for this position. Applications submitted without a resume will not be considered.
Duties including but not limited too:
- Wet mop floors and stairways, including carpeted areas.
- Operate vacuum cleaning equipment. Clean and wax furniture, cases, fixtures, and furnishings.
- Clean mirrors, inside of exterior glass and both sides of interior glass while Standing on floor or stool.
- Clean toilet rooms and fixtures.
- Stock restroom supplies.
- Dust Venetian blinds while standing on floor or stool.
- Spot wash walls to remove such items as splash marks around sinks and Fingerprints around light switches.
- Clean patient bedside equipment.
- Make beds and change linen.
- Collect and transport waste materials to central location.
- Report items in need of repair.
- Sweep and dust floors and stairways.
- Wet mop small areas of floor or stairs to clean up such items as spilled Liquid or food.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies in accordance with specific instructions.
- Open or lock buildings or rooms.
- Turn on and off lights and equipment.
- Replace burnt out incandescent light bulbs while standing on floor or stool.
- Move and arrange furniture and furnishings Collect and transport soiled linen to central locations.
- Clean assigned area of work and equipment.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Must have a High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English and be able to follow instructions.
- Must have a positive attitude with good customer relation skills.
- Must be able to perform a wide range of physical activities including pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, kneeling, reaching, etc.
- Must not have any type of lifting restrictions.
- Must be able to work around sick and disabled patients (children and adults) within a hospital setting.
- Must be a team player, able to prioritize work and be able to handle stress on a daily basis.
- Must be able to perform all tasks listed on the Unit Custodian Classification Description.
This position is 40 hours / Nights / Tuesday-Saturday / 10:00pm-6:30am
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the AFSCME union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/177750/unit_custodian
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency