California State University, San Bernardino
Employment Status: Full-time, Temporary, "Non-Exempt" position for one year from date of hire.
Work Schedule: Regular hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Summer hours are Monday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
First Review Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning May 24, 2019.
Current employees will be given preferred consideration.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Under the general direction of the Senior Financial Analyst (AA/S III), the incumbent performs the Accounting Technician functions relatively independently.
- The Analyst sets priorities, goals, and special assignments.
- The incumbent will be responsible for providing customer service support in all matters concerning Accounts Receivable and for providing a full range of general office support functions related to Financial and Student Service support.
- The incumbent will review all Accounts Receivable balances, run monthly Accounts Receivable reports from PeopleSoft, and analyze outstanding account balances for validity.
- The incumbent will reconcile and troubleshoot problem registrations and accounts; will set-up and maintain monthly collection spreadsheets; compose collection letters to be sent to students for delinquent payments; record holds on student records; respond to all declined credit cards and dishonored checks.
- The incumbent will act as liaison to student account office on campus and to outside collection agencies.
- The incumbent will reconcile deposits, record deposits in log, reconcile Accounts Receivable and revenue accounts financial records to general ledger.
- The incumbent will post all discounts, adjustments or manual transactions to Students Financial accounts.
- The incumbent will process all invoicing and purchase requisitions for the College, as well as maintain invoice records and A/R spreadsheet for invoicing.
- The incumbent will provide customer service support to the departments within the College.
- The incumbent will communicate with students regarding account balances as necessary.
- The incumbent will assist the Senior Financial Analyst on special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or a closely related field is preferred AND the equivalent to three (3) years of progressively responsible financial record-keeping experience. Applicants must have any combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities.
- Applicants must possess verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with students and colleagues.
- Applicants must have the ability to exercise considerable judgment, initiative and independence to achieve results.
- Applicants must be able to apply accounting procedures and practices to the analysis of basic accounting problems; analyze and interpret accounting data; apply problem solving techniques in finding solutions to basic accounting problems; understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Applicants must possess a thorough knowledge of financial record-keeping, mathematical and general office methods, procedures, and practices.
- Applicants must have general working knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies and procedures, ability to apply independent judgment, discretion and initiative to address routine problems, work independently, and make sound decisions and recommendations regarding accounting activities.
- Applicants must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word, current web browsers, query tools, integrated financial systems and record management systems, such as student accounting, cashiering, and financial aid. Knowledge of PeopleSoft is preferred.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency