This ad is expired.
Job Opening ID: 180540
Work Location: Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Full Time/Part Time: Part-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Um Hospital
Department: UMH Patient Food Svcs
Posting Begin/End Date: 11/27/2019 12/04/2019
Paid Time Off: Yes
Career Interest: Administration
Patient Care Services
How to Apply
A cover letter is NOT required for consideration for this position.
Call Center position, within the department of Patient Food and Nutrition Services, that is dedicated to supporting patients, departmental staff members and allied health professionals. This position is responsible for reinforcing a positive image of the Health System to all customers. They use information systems and customer service skills to facilitate customer interactions usch that the customer experiences the Health System as an accessible, coordinated and seamless entity.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Responds to a high volume of room service patient telephone requests; enters selections into CBORD software program
- Obtain patient's meal selections for their prescribed diet order. Use a portable wireless computing device to enter selections into CBORD.
- Utilize CBORD and MiChart computer systems to verify diet order and allergy information
- Resolves routines questions and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher levels
- Enters outpatient billing information into computer software system
- Perform general office tasks such as preparing copies and printing reports
- Picks up menus from adult psyciatric unit
- High school graduate.
- 0-2 years telephone-based customer service experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, departmental staff members and allied health professionals.
- Willingness to be a team member with the ability to be flexible and adapt to a changing work environment.
- Competent using technology such as hand held computers, word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and email. Must be able to maintain confidentiality with respect to patient information.
- Ability to reach overhead, lift and carry 25 pounds and walk a considerable distance.
- Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in the healthcare industry or dietetics.
- Demonstrated ability of strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with MiChart/Epic and CBORD software.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner.
20 hour position. This position works 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM one day per week and 10 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. two days per week.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/180540/dietetic_assistant
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency