Director of Student Conduct
Title IX Investigator
Division of Student Life-Office of the Dean of Students
The Division of Student is comprised of staff that embrace new ideas and thoughts, works together to keep our students safe, and provides them with life-changing experiences. The Division of Student Life includes 13 departments that span from Recreation Services to Student Involvement and Leadership and everything in between. We believe in working together as one team to achieve our mission: fostering student success by creating and promoting inclusive educationally purposeful services and activities within and beyond the classroom.
Staff in the Division of Student Life are proud to be members of the greater Hawkeye community. We partner with colleagues across campus and work hard to stay informed about issues, events, and campus-related hot topics to ensure consistent messaging and unity.
The University offers opportunities to fit every interest. From sporting events to speakers to theatrical performances, there is truly something for everyone. The leadership on campus takes our role as a family seriously, and you will find we make intentional efforts to take care of each other and provide ample opportunities for growth and leadership.
The Office of the Dean of Students has two opportunities:
The Director of Student Conduct provides vision, leadership, and operational direction for the Student Conduct Office, including operational and administrative oversight, administering the Code of Student Life and Student Judicial Procedure, and supervising conduct staff members. Provides oversight of student conduct investigations, including but not limited to, violations of the code, Title IX, and student organization misconduct. The director ensures policies and procedures related to student conduct are reviewed annually to keep current. Establishes learning outcomes and assessment measures for the Student Conduct Office.
- $77,272 to commensurate
The Title IX Investigator investigates and adjudicates student cases alleging sexual misconduct, domestic violence, stalking, and harassment, as well as some individual student misconduct. Position primarily:
- Conducts reviews and investigations of reported incidents
- Develops sanctions for students, which promote personal/academic development and enhance University standards. Actively participate in outreach activities, programming, and staff/student training.
- Provides operational and programmatic support for students engaged in the university conduct process related to Title IX concerns.
- Collaborates with colleagues, provides guidance and oversight to fellow conduct staff members regarding Title IX, and works with the Student Conduct Office team to develop best practices for policies, procedures, and protocols, specifically related to Title IX
- 50,704 to commensurate
- Fringe benefit package include 24 days paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans.
- Check out Building a career and a Life at Iowa- At the University of Iowa, we recognize the important relationship between productive careers and quality personal lives. Please reference the resources on our web page that are designed to assist you to successfully build a career and build a life: https://worklife.uiowa.edu/
Applicant credentials are subject to verification. To apply for these positions visit our website at https://jobs.uiowa.edu/pands/view/73203 and search for Requisition # 73203 for the Director of Student Conduct and Requisition # 73201 for the Title IX Investigator. Applications will be accepted through July July 31, 2018.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency