Executive Vice President (EVP) and Provost
Job Summary / Basic Function
Reporting directly to the President/CEO, the Executive Vice President (EVP) and Provost serves as the deputy of Lamar Institute of Technology (LIT) and is responsible for the day-to-day management. Serving as both the EVP and Provost, s/he will focus on enrollment, teaching, learning, retention, accreditation, and completion efforts of the College and therefore has broad supervision of Academics, Student Success, Workforce, Strategic Initiatives, and Planning. S/he will provide input on policy, procedure, and operational issues; coordinate a variety of activities and resources that support the effective delivery and enhancement of instructional programs and services to the students as well as faculty and staff. As deputy, this position may be charged with leading special projects or represent the President/CEO internally and externally.
Duties, Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the achievement of the THECB 6030TX Plan, TSUS Vision 2020 Targets, LIT Strategic Plan, College Goals, and Presidential directives.
2. Make college-wide decisions in the absence of the President/CEO.
3. Serves as the second lead on President's Cabinet.
4. Provides broad oversight of Academic and Student Success, providing high-level leadership for successful enrollment, retention, and completion initiatives.
5. Collaborates with the Vice President of Finance and Operations to insure the effective fiduciary and operational functions of the college.
6. Collaborates with faculty and staff senates to maintain a culture of shared governance.
7. Provides high-level leadership to increase marketing (LIT-brand recognition), fundraising, and institutional effectiveness activities.
8. Fosters positive change, innovation, and mentors employees.
9. Must develop new credit and non-credit programs.
Earned PhD or EdD from an accredited university.
Two-year college administrative and instructional experience.
Must be or have held the rank of an assistant vice president, assistant vice chancellor, associate vice president, associate vice chancellor, vice president, or vice chancellor.
Career path should also include service as either a department chair, division chair, or dean.
Understand trades, technical, and workforce programming.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Effectively and regularly communicate and follow up with the President/CEO.
2. Personnel management, evaluation, conflict-resolution, and corrective action processes.
3. Curriculum development, assessment, and student achievement.
4. Accreditation processes (SACS-COC preferred), regulatory standards, and data reporting.
5. Demonstrated ability to manage complex budgets and projects to completion.
6. Facilitate organizational development and change with effective collaboration.
7. Continuous improvement in institutional policies, practice, and technology.
8. An innovative mindset and forward thinking, staying current in best practices and strategies for transformation that increases student enrollment and completions.
9. Commitment to transparency, ability to listen, and inspire others towards common goals.
10. An ethical advocate for students, staff, and faculty.
11. Strong leadership that is fair and participatory.
12. Foster high standards and accountability.
Experience in reporting [directly] to a President/CEO or Chancellor.
Served in leadership positions at multiple higher education institutions.
Expertise working in a diverse and multicultural environment.
Background in both Student Services and Academics.
Open Date: 11/07/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Security Sensitive Statement
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lit.edu/postings/368
Lamar Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency