SEVIS Administrator/International Student Advisor
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
SEVIS Administrator/International Student Advisor
GENERAL SCOPE OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Director of International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS), the SEVIS Administrator and International Student Advisor performs duties in the two primary functional areas of immigration data compliance and international student support services. The first functional area involves the coordination of SEVIS-related immigration reporting activities for the ISSS office. The SEVIS Administrator and International Student Advisor will serve as the primary staff person in managing and improving the SEVIS reporting practices of the ISSS office. The second area includes advising international students and exchange visitors in matters related to immigration (including but not limited to policy/ regulations/request processing) and issues of personal and social adjustment. USF manages immigration records for approximately 1,800 active international students and scholars.
Full Job Description:
As part of the larger USF community, the SEVIS Administrator and International Student Advisor for International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) collaborates and cooperates across divisions and departments to create a supportive University community which encourages student learning and development in the Jesuit Catholic tradition and commits to:
- Manifesting the Mission, Vision and Values of the University
- Advancing the Division's Mission and Commitments
- Embracing the Divisional Strategic Priorities and supporting other divisional or college priorities as applicable
- Participating in issue-driven Divisional meetings when requested
- Identifying problems at the departmental level and implementing solutions
- Evaluating departmental outcomes
- Ensuring departmental/program goals and decisions are consistent with Divisional and University priorities, policies, values, etc.
- Actively modeling collaboration by developing relationships and collaborative projects within and beyond the ISSS team
- Analyzing assigned issues and making recommendations to the Director
- Promoting a common good that includes the needs of all students
- Engaging differences in a manner that allows students to learn from the diversity of perspectives, experiences and traditions that exist within the University community
- Providing experiences that challenge students to develop spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, physically, socially, culturally and morally in order to prepare them to contribute to the University community
- Drawing out the leadership qualities inherent in every individual, and to providing opportunities for students to apply knowledge and skills
- Creating an environment that supports a socially responsible way of being together in community
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a Designated School Official and Alternate Responsible officer with federal agencies for USF.
- Collaborates with internal and external staff to ensure that accurate data is collected and maintained in appropriate databases.
- Works with the USF Information and Technology Services and admissions and enrollment management departments to manage data from interfaces with other campus systems, e.g. Banner, and to troubleshoot system problems; check and reconcile any errors occurring from the interfaces, in order to maintain the data migration to the ISSS SEVIS batch system and SEVIS database.
- Provides accurate information as required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and the U.S. Department of State (DOS) in accordance with federal regulations, FERPA (Federal Educational Right to Privacy Act) guidelines, and campus policies.
- Under the supervision of the Director, manages implementation, maintenance, and procedures for accurate and timely reporting to comply with immigration regulations and SEVIS reporting requirements.
- Coordinates daily tasks associated with SEVIS management, including, but not limited to: data updates, SEVIS reporting requirements including SEVIS record registration, data audits, data error management, etc.
- Works independently and as a team with other staff members to make decisions regarding the application of complex DHS and DOS rules and regulations in relation to the SEVIS program.
- Provides training and training documents to ISSS staff and other users to ensure consistent use and reporting through the SEVIS batch system.
- Advise students and scholars on immigration procedures and regulations to ensure maintenance of immigration status.
- Authorize and issue Dept. of Homeland Security and Department of State documents to international students and exchange visitors, including processing routine student requests.
- Present workshops on immigration status maintenance, work authorization and other immigration issues to students, scholars, and other campus staff.
- Assist other office staff to implement the orientation programs for international students and scholars.
- Collaborates with offices and departments (e.g., Admission, Registrar, International Relations, Center for Global Education, English as a Second Language, etc.) to provide an integrated experience that helps international students navigate campus processes and the U.S. culture.
- Participates in committees, task force teams, planning groups, etc. as requested by the Director.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director.
Three to five years of experience as a DSO/RO using the SEVIS database. Proficiency with databases and solid technical skills using online applications, MS Office, Google Drive, web development, knowledge of social media platforms, and enterprise-wide systems. Experience with database management and relational database concepts strongly desired, especially experience with a SEVIS Batch system and the Terra Dotta System for ISSS offices. Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to learn and work independently in a collaborative environment, apply new technologies and business rules quickly, and clearly explain technical options and choices to a nontechnical audience. Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills and cross-cultural or multicultural experience also desired. Master's degree in higher education administration, college student services administration or related field preferred. Bachelor's degree required.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident as required by U.S. Department of Homeland Security. EEO/AAE
EEO POLICY: USF is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to affirmative action and to the excellence through diversity. The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities upon request.
APPLICATIONS: Position is open until filled.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/SEVIS-Administrator-International-Student-Advisor_R0004596.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency