Secretary, Industrial Studies
Posting Number: 0000804
PS Position#: 00000086
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Starting salary range of $30,874 - $33,961 is based on the Lee College Classified Staff Salary Scale, B22. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Department: Industrial Studies
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Perform clerical duties in support of Division Chair and full-time and adjunct instructors, which may require interaction with community members and coordination with other campus offices. Refer students to appropriate campus offices. This position reports to the Division Chair of Industrial Studies.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Generate the industrial schedule for the Construction & Maintenance Education Foundation.
- Assist industrial students in registration. Provide basic counseling to the students, verify their eligibility, and help them fill out paperwork required by the Construction & Maintenance Education Foundation.
- Prepare faculty load list each term.
- Enter semester class schedule into PeopleSoft.
- Answer telephone calls professionally, route incoming calls to appropriate instructors.
- Input purchase orders using PeopleSoft and run budget reports.
- Order and maintain supplies for division members.
- Manage calendar for the department and Division Chair.
- Assist with travel arrangements for Division Chair, faculty, and applicable vendors.
- Maintain accurate records, as well as organized manual and computerized filing system. File and track required records such as division budgets, travel requests, absences, etc.
- Schedule, organize and assist with planning of meetings, take minutes during meetings and distribute copies of minutes.
- Assist with administration of student evaluations of faculty.
- Assist in implementing state curriculum procedures, legislative mandates, and SACS requirements.
- Assist Human Resources with required employment paperwork for instructors. Process Approval to Hire for new hires and submit to Human Resources Department.
- Assist with orientation of new and adjunct faculty, as needed.
- Type correspondence, syllabi, tests, outlines, and reports as required.
- Review website pertaining to division periodically to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Interview and hire student employees as needed.
- Access data and information in PeopleSoft; input information as requested.
- Receive, sort, and send copies of the National Center for Construction Education & Research (NCCER) certificates to the Admissions Office.
- Distribute the NCCER transcripts and certificates to students.
- Provide support for special events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- One (1) year of related work experience
- Able to work evening and weekends as needed
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of PCs, on-line research, and word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and network-related software
- Must be self-motivated
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people
- Associate degree or successful completion of sixty (60) college credit hours
- Previous experience working in an educational setting
- PeopleSoft experience
Campus/Location: McNair Center - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Close Date: 7/23/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references in the Reference section of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/5086
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency