SharePoint Developer (Information Technology and Learning Services) - District
Information Svcs (D)
Support Staff (Classified / Confidential)
Physical location of the position:
5,843 - 7,852
Is this position categorically (grant) funded?
Under the supervision of the area administrator, implements, supports, administers, troubleshoots, improves various SharePoint environments and provides subject matter expertise throughout the District. This includes functionality, performance, access and data integrity. This position plays an integral part in the development of strategies for optimal use of SharePoint within the organization.
PROVIDES WORK OR LEAD DIRECTION TO:
Routinely manages and provides both technical and functional assistance on a variety of projects throughout the District which utilize SharePoint as a major component.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience required.
At least three years of experience with SharePoint administration, customization, design and development. At least three years of SQL administration experience. At least 5 years of Microsoft server administration experience.
-Implementation and administration of SharePoint 2013 or greater;
-Windows server and/or Linux/Unix operating systems;
-Software and system monitoring tools;
-Development tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio, .NET Framework, MS SQL Server, InfoPath, Workflow, PowerShell and SharePoint Designer;
-System administration and business analysis.
-Work closely with others supporting both existing applications and implementing new systems with SharePoint as the underlying architecture.
-Use written communication skills to provide accurate technical documentation and test results.
-Work effectively and cooperatively with other team members to achieve goals and develop/maintain working relationships.
-Use effective communication and listening skills in order to work with others and problem solve.
-Quickly gather information from and disseminate information to appropriate parties.
-Communicate complex procedures and information to a variety of audiences.
-Assist in trouble-shooting, including quickly identifying problems and acting appropriately.
-Develop practical and thorough solutions to address all aspects of identified problems; seek assistance with problems as appropriate.
-Independently apply technical judgment to standard applications and systems.
-Schedule and prioritize in order to meet deadlines.
-Work independently under general supervision.
-Demonstrate self-motivation and ownership of assigned work.
SharePoint or other Microsoft certification is a plus.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Candidate must demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff, and the community.
Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Will require occasional travel.
Employee works in an office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances.
Duties and Responsibilities:
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES (Illustrative Only):
1. Installs, sustains, and troubleshoots SharePoint server, Windows SharePoint services, and Office 365 related services.
2. Monitors, plans and configures SharePoint components and services.
3. Serves as the SharePoint specialist for the organization.
4. Makes recommendations for software improvement on SharePoint environment.
5. Administers SharePoint environment.
6. Oversees the SharePoint application/environment infrastructure, user access and application deployment.
7. Participates in planning and execution of tasks related to SharePoint based initiatives (migrations, third-party solutions, integration with additional Enterprise Systems, and/or hosted platforms).
8. Maintains current industry knowledge of development concepts, best practices and procedures for SharePoint solutions.
9. Participates in District-provided in-service training programs.
10. Maintains a friendly, supportive atmosphere for students, staff, faculty and the public.
11. Performs other duties related to the position as assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
SALARY: Salary grades consist of nine steps. A new employee is normally placed on Step 1 of the grade. Changes in step placement take place on the first day of the first month following the anniversary date of attaining permanent classified employee status until the maximum of the grade is reached.
HOLIDAYS: There are 13 holidays observed each year. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
VACATION: Employees are granted 12 days of vacation per year through the first five years of service to the District; 15 days after completion of five continuous years of service to the District; 20 days after completion of ten continuous years of service to the District; and 22 days after completion of 15 continuous years of service to the District. This computation is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
SICK LEAVE: One day of sick leave for each month of service is granted. This is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve
months. There is no limit to the number of days of sick leave which may be accrued.
FRINGE BENEFITS: The college provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents. Those employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months will receive a pro-rata share of the benefit package. The dollar value of the package is a subject of negotiation between the District and the Bargaining Unit. Employees working less than 20 hours per week are not eligible for this benefit package.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes the need to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities. For more information, contact (951) 222-8039.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Work Hours/Work Days for Classified and Hourly Positions Only:
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Optional Applicant Documents:
Letter of Recommendation 1
Associate or Equivalent Transcript
Bachelors or Equivalent Transcript
Masters or Equivalent Transcript
Effective Employment Date:
Anticipated start date July 2017
Open Until Filled
*It is anticipated that first screening of applications will occur sometime during the 1st or 2nd week of July.
Please note: The selection process typically concludes within four to six weeks from the closing date. There are, however, exceptions to this general guideline. Status updates will be made throughout the process. Please refer to your account for any updates to the status of your application.
* Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* An application will not be considered complete unless all Required Documents are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
* Paper applications and supporting materials WILL NOT be accepted!
* Letters of reference must be non-confidential and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
* Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
* The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
* The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Diversity and Human Resources at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Application Types Accepted:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency