Department: Admissions & Records
Closing Date: 11/29/2017
Student Services Technician
Allan Hancock College is accepting applications for a full-time, 37-hour per week, 12 month position supporting the Admissions & Records Department and reporting to the Director of Admissions & Records. The desired start date is January 2018. The successful candidate must pass a Department of Justice clearance and a pre-employment physical before the start date.
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary is $3,096 per month (range 17, $3,096 to $3,764 per month on the classified bargaining unit salary schedule).
Benefits include medical, dental, life, vision (employee only), salary protection insurance, and eligibility for PERS retirement.
Allan Hancock College serves more than 20,000 students in northern Santa Barbara County. Located on the central coast and just minutes from spectacular beaches and rolling vineyards, AHC operates three campuses – the main campus in Santa Maria, a state approved center in Lompoc and a center in Santa Ynez. As one of the largest employers in Santa Barbara County, the college is an integral part of the community and enjoys strong support from local leaders and industry.
AHC, a Hispanic-Serving Institution, is proud to serve underrepresented students. The college has twice received recognition from the Aspen institute as one of the top colleges in the country. If you are looking for a position where you can have a direct impact on our students, AHC may be the place for you!
To learn more about Allan Hancock College and the Central Coast, visit our Human Resources page at www.hancockcollege.edu and click on the Welcome to AHC video.
Allan Hancock College Classified-Clerical
Human Resources Range 17
STUDENT SERVICES TECHNICIAN
Under supervision of the appropriate student services administrator, the incumbent is to perform a variety of clerical, technical and student services related functions and serve as first point of contact with students and the general public. Values and promotes the mission and vision of the college.
This position, under limited supervision, performs varied and responsible clerical, technical, and student services functions requiring a broad knowledge of the functions of the organizational unit. The incumbent will perform a substantial amount of administrative detail and provide support for district cashiering and accounting functions, admissions and records operations, and counseling and matriculation.
1. Performs receptionist duties and provides student service related information and assistance to the general public, students, and staff.
2. Assists students and staff with college portal, CCCApply, and transfer application sites.
3. Assists with special projects, proofreading, and data collection; distributes important information, documents, materials, and publications and tracks these when necessary, including the creation of flyers.
4. Administers typing test and distributes and collects student work application packet.
5. Schedules appointments; establishes and maintains files.
6. Verifies accuracy and completeness of forms and documents submitted by students and faculty; enters data; processes and transmits various forms for transmission to admissions and records and/or cashiering
7. Processes student transcript requests; assists in resolving conflicts related to application and support documentation; removes holds.
8. Determines residency requirements for but not limited to fee waivers, in-state tuition,, military waivers, agricultural waivers, AB 540.
9. Accepts fees and vouchers and posts payments for student and staff services; accepts, verifies, and prepares cash and voucher receipts for posting to proper general ledger; Accepts and posts cash receipt entries for student and staff; including third party contracts and exemptions; prepares cashiering reports and reconciles daily work; assists students with the parking permit and refund processing management systems; assures internal control of district funds and audit requirements.
10. Prepares and submits work orders and serves at the point of contact for equipment service technicians; stocks and inventories supplies; serves as liaison with external vendors.
11. Initiates and maintains communication between student services and other departments and campus sites.
12. Maintains and updates extended campus staff and faculty directories and website information.
13. Trains, monitors, schedules, and delegates work to volunteers and student employees; verifies and tracks timesheets and evaluates student help.
14. Issues student and staff ID cards, lockers, passes, parking permits, and keys.
15. Performs other related duties as required.
Principles of good customer service;
Office management techniques and organizational skills with emphasis on records management;
Written business communications;
Word/Information processing applications and production;
Correct English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation;
Electronic data storage and management systems for file records.
Demonstrated ability to:
Plan, organize, and complete assigned work independently and within established time deadlines;
Understand and carry out oral and written directions;
Organize workload and establish priorities;
Learn and interpret specific rules, law, and policies and apply them with good judgment in a variety of procedural situations;
Operate a computer and perform clerical and technical work with accuracy and speed;
Establish and maintain office records and files;
Compose and proofread correspondence independently;
Complete highly detailed work with a high rate of accuracy in a setting involving frequent interruptions.
Education and Experience:
An associate degree OR equivalent to completion of the 12th grade and five years of increasingly responsible clerical and secretarial experience.
Duties are primarily performed in an office environment, at a desk or at a computer.
The incumbent will experience interruptions while performing normal duties during the regular workday.
The incumbent will have contact, in person, by email and by phone with staff, students, and the general public.
Typically may sit for extended periods of time.
Operates a computer.
Communicates in person, by email, and over the telephone.
Regularly lifts, carries, and/or moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
A sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of staff and students and to staff and students with disabilities.
A committee will give priority review of application materials submitted by Wednesday, November 29, 2017. This position is open until filled. Meeting minimum qualifications does not insure the candidate an interview. Therefore, it is important that the application be thorough and detailed. Applicants will be assessed on the breadth and depth of education, training, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities. A limited number of applicants will be invited for an interview at the college at their own expense. Interviewed candidates may be asked to complete written and job-related exercises. The district reserves the right to extend time limits, reinitiate or withdraw the recruitment-selection process at any point. Final candidates may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening.
To be considered as a candidate for this position, please submit the following application materials to the college human resources office by 3:00 p.m., Wednesday, November 29, 2017:
Signed district application for classified positions
A current and complete resume of education and professional experience
Transcripts (Copies are acceptable for the application process). Official transcripts are required if hired.
APPLICATION: For application materials please visit our Web site at http://www.hancockcollege.edu or contact:
Human Resources, Building B
Allan Hancock College
800 South College Drive
Santa Maria, CA 93454-6399
(805) 922-6966, extension 3338
(805) 922-9196, FAX
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency