For more than five decades, the College of Business Administration at California State University, Sacramento has consistently achieved its fundamental goal – to cultivate excellence in its graduates and to develop business leaders possessing not only top management skills, but also a broad understanding of their responsibilities to business and their community.
It has maintained its accreditation under the stringent standards of the AACSB since 1963. In the course of our history, we have graduated nearly 40,000 undergraduate and graduate students. We believe about 24,000 alumni remain in the Sacramento region, fueling the success of our vibrant economy.
Duties and Responsibilities
Teaching (Graduate and Undergraduate Courses in traditional, hybrid, and on-line modalities); Scholarly and Creative Activities (with an emphasis on publication of peer reviewed journal articles); Service/Contributions to the Institution; Service/Contributions to the Community; Student Advising; New course development and making changes to existing courses; Curriculum development; Assessment; and Supervising student (graduate and undergraduate) research.
- A Doctorate in Finance, or in a closely related discipline.
- The doctorate degree must be from an institution accredited by AACSB International.
- ABDapplicants will be considered. IfABD, all requirements for the doctoral degree must be completed by August 2020 to remain eligible for continued employment.
Special Knowledge and Abilities:
- Specialization in International Finance.
- Interest in teaching International Financial Management.
- CFA designation, financial industry experience, and/or teaching experience in Corporate Finance, Derivatives, or Behavioral Finance are desirable.
- A record of, or potential for, developing relationships with the business community.
- Experiences or ability to work with a diverse student population.
This is a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor rank, beginning with the Fall 2019 semester. Salary is dependent on qualifications and professional experience. Academic preparation, record of research and peer-reviewed publications, and professional experience will be considered. Summer research grants, moving expenses, and a reduced teaching load may be available.
Review of applications will begin December 3, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applications are only accepted at https://csus.peopleadmin.com/
Candidates must include the following attachments:
- A cover letter that addresses required and desired qualifications, that also includes a statement of teaching philosophy and scholarly interests;
- A current curriculum vita/resume including the names and contact information of at least three recent professional references;
- Unofficial copies of transcripts attesting to the highest degree earned (official transcripts required at time of appointment).
- Diversity Statement: Sacramento State values diversity and inclusion and has made a university-wide commitment to being an inclusive institution. What contributions are you most proud of that demonstrate your commitment to promoting an inclusive environment? Please limit your response to 500 words.
THE SYSTEM WILL ONLY ACCEPT 1 PDF FILE FOR EACH OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY.
Statement of Diversity
Sacramento is one of the most diverse and integrated major cities in the country, and Sacramento State is committed to providing a quality education for all of our region's students. Our campus community represents the broad diversity of our state, and we believe that all are enriched and unified by this diversity. Sacramento State is especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their teaching, research, and service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency